Two nights, so much music.
Round 1
Rachel joined me and Michael at the Koval Center to see Ben perform.
Ben performed with the Green Orchestra. We were very impressed. Perhaps so impressed as to imply slight insult. But, truly. Ben claimed that the piece was an easy one. I maintain that the key to a concert is to pick a music the group has mastered. The audience would prefer not to listen to the musicians struggle through a more complicated piece.
This was a 2-in-1 event for Ben as he also sang with the Bass Choir. Impressively, he soloed in Latin!
Round 2
Rachel joined me and Ben at the Koval Center to see Michael perform.
Michael accompanied the presentation of the visual arts projects (not seen here). He was asked fairly last minute to play so I was quite impressed with his improvisation of uncharacteristically calm music. And even more impressed later when he told me it was all variations on the melody of Never Gonna Give You Up. I think an argument could be made that he Rick Roll'ed the entire audience.
Then he sang with the Symphonic Choir. He is always very critical of this group, but we thought they did well. Michael has such a beautiful, resonant voice that I can often pick him out even in a choir.
Both nights ended the same: we dropped off Aunt Rachel and went to Dairy Queen for Blizzards.





No comments:
Post a Comment