1. Read books we already own. I don't actually have a book buying problem, but I am developing back pain from carrying the book bag we bring home from the library every week. Which isn't a bad thing (the amount of books, not the pain), but to some degree it is a little silly considering how many books we already own that I haven't read. Most of them I inherited when I married Jason, but a few are purchases I never got around to reading. Recently I have read Among the Righteous, which is about Arabs who helped Jews during WWII, and am currently reading Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women. In any case, considering that most of them are Jason's, I suspect this means I will be on a diet of mostly non-fiction relating to the Middle East, but it will probably be more mind-broadening than the Twilight series (which I am a little ashamed to admit I have read more than twice).
2. Speaking of diets - I am back on the Weight Watchers Wagon. I made this decision after a short, but telling, conversation I had with the Wii Fit board. The conversation went like this:
Irene: How much do I weigh?
Wii board: @#%$&#!
Okay, so the board didn't really swear at me, but it might as well have. That or groaned under my apparently ponderous weight. So, back to counting points it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment