04 August 2010

The Zoo

On Monday, we took the boys to the zoo. It seemed like a good plan for a (relatively) cool day in Virginia. With school starting this month, summer seemed short to me all of a sudden. So, we are ramping it up before we lose two of our family members to the school year. I can't remember when we went to the zoo last. Literally. I have vague memories of having gone a few times, but I can't seem to place them by year, so I really don't know when it was. I won't lie - there was some whining, but on the whole we had a great time. And since there were no meltdowns or injuries, I consider the visit a success.

So, here are before and after shots.
We saw the Amazonia Habitat, Kids' Farm, tigers, lions, prairie dogs, invertebrates, macaques, apes, orangutans, Reptile Discovery Center, crocodiles, komodo dragons, tortoises, gorillas, horses, pandas, emus, and zebras. In any case, the boys all began the day moving (or being carried) under their own power and after 4 hours theyall ended up in the stroller. This sit and stand stroller may have been our best purchase to date - 3 kids from ages 6 to 1 in one stroller literally saved the day.

While we were at the zoo, one of the Egyptian cobras escaped from the Reptile Discovery Center and went on killing rampage of the goats in the Kids' Farm. We left about then so the kids wouldn't have to be exposed to the carnage.

No comments: