Christmas was a little rough this year. It started off well enough. We did a Christmas activity pretty much every night and almost all of our shopping was done well before Christmas. I was a little behind schedule, but well on my way to having everything done and made and given away that I had planned. And then, exactly one week before Christmas, I came down with a horrible, knock-me-down cold. And I was pretty much useless to the world. Thankfully, Josh only had two days of school that week and Jason had three and a half. Every day I hoped it would get better and sadly that didn't actually happen for a long time. So, my Christmas spirit kind of limped along through the holidays and I am now finally feeling better.
This lack of cheer was apparent to my adult family members, but hopefully not to the boys. Aside from the fact that I spent most of it wishing I was in bed cuddling my tissue box, we had a lovely Christmas and Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve was spent at my Dad and Diane's house. We were lucky enough to have my grandfather here with us as well. Rachel is back from Afghanistan/Germany and Doug was able to call us from Afghanistan. Hopefully next year we can get both of my siblings in the same state for the holidays.
The big excitement of the night for the boys was, not surprisingly, their presents. We asked Dad and Diane to get the older boys bikes this year. We asked and they delivered. The boys were very excited. So very excited that after a day of fun and playing at Oma and Opa's house, they still had enough energy to come home and ride the bikes around the main floor at our house.
Which is the one and only time they will do that.
Josh got a Mongoose.
Michael got a Cobra.
Apparently, and this was not at all planned, mongooses (or would that be mongeese?) eat cobras. A fact that Josh knew and made sure that the rest of us were very clear about. But Michael has gotten his revenge as he is already a much better bike rider than Josh. So while the mongoose may eat the cobra, he has to catch him first and for the time being eat his dust.
Ben got a Batcave from Oma and Opa. It is almost as big as him. Ben loves Batman figures and opening and closing doors so he was delighted.
Pajamas, although less exciting, were also opened on Christmas Eve. After a couple years of dino pj's, I went with a space theme this year. We rarely dress the boys in the same outfits, but I think it so cute to get them all in their matching pj's. For as long as that lasts anyway. Any guesses on how old Josh will be when he refuses to match his little brothers?
I forgot to look for matching pajamas for Aunt Rachel, but she looks pretty dang cute with her nephews anyway. Maybe next year.
After this photos shoot, we sent the troops to bed and put out the loot for the next morning. Then the adults all went to their respective beds and probably all said a prayer that the boys would sleep in the next morning.




No comments:
Post a Comment