04 December 2011

National Aquarium

Saturday was awesome.  The awesomeness of Saturday was exhausting.  The good kind of exhausting that only happens after awesome.

On Saturday, Jason took the boys (all of them - such a brave man!) to the National Aquarium in Baltimore.  This activity got rave reviews.  Upon arrival, Josh took hold of the map and directed the troops straight to the sharks.  After that, they went back to the beginning and went through the aquarium again so they could take a good look at everything else they rushed past in Josh's urgent march to the sharks.  

Sharks may be the new Star Wars.

In any case and in no particular order, here are the pictures from the aquarium.  I wasn't actually there, so some of my descriptions may be a bit vague.

Josh sitting on a bike rack.

Checking out the dolphins.  No show that day, but the trainers did show a little of how they train the dolphins.

Ben matching and lining up pictures.  Increases my concerns about toddler OCD.

Michael dressed as a turtle and showing Jason his turtle face.

Attack of the sharks.  Josh recently read a book about sharks written by the guy who wrote Jaws.  Thinking maybe I should have reviewed that book first.

Upside down jellyfish.

Not sure, but they look cool.

Jellyfish, presumably.  Jason would know, but he is upstairs and I am lazy.  Nice picture though.

Sneaky Ben darting out of the picture in front of the picture with the shark.

Nurse shark.  Josh's friend gave him a shark tooth necklace and after some research, he and Jason figured out it is a nurse shark tooth.  Josh was very excited to get to see one alive.

Some sort of tool named shark.  Or fish.  I have a hard time keeping these things straight.

Josh and Michael in a megalodon shark jaw.

Michael riding on a bike rack.

Meanwhile, back in Virginia, Rachel and I went on an 18-mile bike ride on the WO&D trail.  We biked from Vienna to Alexandria.  It was a lovely ride.  I was, however, more than ready to take the Metro back to Vienna rather than bike back.  We got to Dad and Diane's (the base of our operations for the day) just before Jason and the boys did.  Pretty much just a great day.

No comments: