I know I got this backwards, but here is Christmas Eve. Since Doug and Nana were in town and I have a sweet handicapped parking placard (one of the few times this cast is totally worth it), we went into DC and hit up two of the Smithsonian museums. Please note: we thought everyone else would still be doing last minute shopping and avoiding playing the tourist in the rain. We were wrong. It was super helpful to park close by. And even more helpful that the nice people at the Smithsonian museums keep wheelchairs handy. And uber-helpful that I have family members who are willing to push me around. Even when I add an extra 30 pounds by holding Ben on my lap. Yeah, life is pretty good.
At the American Indian museum, we experienced the imagiNATIONS activity center. They have some fun stuff - basket weaving, skateboard video game, kayaking, etc.
And Josh and Michael posed in front of a picture of Boulder burning in the photography exhibit. So sad.
On our way home it started to sleet snow, which was a nice end to the day. The roads were clear, but the boys got a "white" Christmas (well for a couple of minutes this morning in a couple of spots on the ground). They got to open one present after dinner (pajamas so I could get the traditional picture this morning) and then went to bed. Much to our delight, they were asleep by 9pm and didn't get up until 7am.
No comments:
Post a Comment