Saturday was our church's Christmas party. Jason braved the festive event alone with the boys. And then even took pictures so I could blog about an activity I didn't attend. I have an awesome husband.
Before the arrival of the "special guest," the boys had some to chill with their BFFs. Apparently Josh thought this deserved two thumbs up.
The older boys participated in the children's musical numbers. I am only showing a picture of Michael here because I love the intent look on his face and because I feel fairly certain that Josh didn't sing at all. Sorry for the massive red eye problem - these are all perfectly nice children who are not at all related to vampires. I am just lazy.
Then Santa arrived. The boys know about Santa. We told Josh last year and that knowledge experienced the trickle down effect. And we're fine with that. However, Michael decided last minute to switch sides and join the "I believe" side. Which I think is hilarious. After almost breaking the news to the kids we babysit (we had a long chat after that), he has now taken to asking questions like "How does Santa get down the chimney?" and "How does Santa give presents to everyone in one night?" I kind of figured we were past that and now face the dilemma if I should begin to lie about something we already told him the truth about. The fact that he asked Santa for a DS and he is actually getting one (albeit from Aunt Sherri, not the man in the red suit) may muddy the waters.
Josh is aware of the truth, but also realizes that sometimes you have to fake it if you want to get your candy cane.
Ben has heard both sides and seems not to be willing to commit to either. He is also unwilling to get too close to a stranger, even if he does have belly like a bowl full of jelly.
No comments:
Post a Comment