01 December 2018

Busy Saturday

I tried to wear them out.  

Really, I did.

I started Saturday dropping off Josh at his robotics competition.  After a brief stint at the REI Garage Sale with my friend, I went home to pick up the rest of the minions and take them to the children's museum.

The older two rode trikes while Isaac tried his darnedest to get wet on a day when I didn't have spare clothes.

We found a huge Jenga game.  Michael and Ben enjoyed playing while Isaac "helped" by putting the pieces back inside.

The whole thing falling down was not Isaac's favorite part.

Inside, the boys found the screaming room.  Michael and Ben competed to try to get the highest decibel level.  Any guesses on who won?


The museum was packed, but the science center next door was pretty much empty.  Small, but interactive, we were all entertained for quite a while.


We'd been out and about for a while, so it seemed like a good time to go check up on Josh and see how the competition was going.

Josh has worked really hard with his team to put together this robot.  I don't pretend to understand all that has gone into building and programming this robot or the point systems involved in the competition, but I am proud of his hard work and dedication.




It was cool to watch and in the end they came in 3rd.  Pretty good for a new team.

Later in the evening, we headed to the port to see the Parade of Ships. 

I don't have any good pictures, but it was cool to see the boats sail by with their Christmas lights.  

It didn't last though. The boys were....not behaving well, so we left early so the boys could finish their chores. 

But I did get at least one shot that in part catches the wonder of this time of year for little ones.

No comments: