Conversation that has occurred every day this week in our house:
Josh: What are we going to do tomorrow?
Me: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
Josh: (rolls eyes)
Me: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
Josh: (rolls eyes)
Based upon the line at the drive thru at Starbucks, if this is the end of the world a lot of people will be awake and alert (and maybe a bit jittery) when it comes.
Based upon our experience with the crowds on the bike trail today, if people don't get to go back to work soon then both physical therapists and bike repair shops are going to be in high demand.
Went to Trader Joe's yesterday where you CAN buy bottled water, but CANNOT buy a one pound milk chocolate bar. Apparently, my people shop there.
While I intellectually support grocery stores limiting how much of item you can buy to prevent hoarding, in practice it is frustrating because what looks like hoarding shopping for a household of two or three is normal week shopping for a household of SIX (with two teen boys no less!).
Why is that hours can drag on for days, weeks can pass by in moments, but a single game of Monopoly takes an eternity?
As the full implications of social distancing have been setting in for the only extrovert in the house, it has been rough.
The rest of us have found some of the restrictions a relief.
Isaac: Mom said "maybe", that means YES!
Older brothers looking on with pitying eyes.
Isaac has much to learn of this life.
Went to Costco today (yeah, yeah, I know) and bought chicken nuggets, corn chips, and meatballs. What I SHOULD have bought is a tub of peanut m&m's. I guess we all have to live with the consequences of our choices.
I feel like this is going to be a defining moment for this generation of parents and years from now we are still going to be talking about where we were the moment we got the news that school would be closed for 6 weeks. I was parked in my driveway and then went inside and ate a spoonful of Nutella and started to look up gifs about the end of the world to send Jason.
🎶This is the cough that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, the boys started sharing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue coughing forever just because this is the cough that never ends...🎶
This song is brought to you by flu/cold season and pollen/asthma.
It's not really a Sunday morning until I've made someone cry.
Ever trap yourself in the bathroom by putting a lot of lotion on your hands right before opening the door? No? It's just me?
BRILLIANT idea for an app - log in and it shows you all the places close by where there are girl scout cookie booths.
When I woke up this morning, I thought it was Monday. Then I went to Costco and now I am questioning whether or not it's actually Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment