On May 12 I had foot surgery...again. I really hope this is not a habit. And the right foot is so much worse than the left foot. This time (sigh) I have a longitudinal tear in my peroneus brevis tendon that did not heal. Why did it not heal? Who knows. But after weeks in a post-op shoe and weeks in a boot, it was definitely not healing. And so heigh ho heigh ho it was off to the orthopaedic surgeon I went. At first I was sent home with this:
And today I was upgraded to this and the status of "weight bearing as tolerated". To paraphrase the immortal The Princess Bride, that did not mean what I thought that meant. I assumed there would be actual walking at this point, but I was disabused of that idea at my appointment. This actually means some day, hopefully soon, I may be able to hobble from my bed to the bathroom while not in excruciating pain and, presumably, it will slowly get better from there.
Woo...hoo?


No comments:
Post a Comment