This year, much to my dismay and shock, I turned 30. Or, 29 + 1. Or 28 (cuz once you hit 29, you start subtracting a year). I don't know. The whole thing seems surreal to me. I guess I am really an adult. I should probably start dressing like one. My first concession to adulthood is no more holey yoga pants worn to the grocery store. I am sure I will think of others as I go along.
Our initial plans for my birthday were foiled, but sweet Jason stepped up and threw me a last minute surprise party. I was very surprised. In fact, about 20 minutes before the first person arrived, I was sitting on the couch on the computer surrounded by cookbooks and recipes and eating chocolate chips. Jason kept shooting me dirty looks while he did the dishes. I kept shooting them right back at him thinking, "Whaddya lookin' at? It's my birthday. I'll eat chocolate chips if I want to! Where's my cake?" Turns out my cake was at Meleana's house waiting for 8 o'clock to come. And it was a goooooooood cake. Thank you Jason and Harris Teeter. And if you can't read it in the picture, the cake says, "Happy 19th Birthday Irene." I love Jason so, so very much.
1 comment:
You look great Irene! 19 is quite believable. Happy birthday!
Post a Comment