Today was Josh's soccer game. And, just as I thought, it was good for a few laughs.
One down, seven to go.Funny: Part way through the game, Josh started putting his arms up in the air and yelling, "I'm open!" over and over again. It was pretty funny to watch him running up and down the field shouting his availability. Naturally, kids this age don't understand passing the ball and one generally passes to someone in better position, so he didn't ever get the ball that way.
Not so Funny: While Josh was sitting out, he was cheering on his team and yelled, "Go White Team! Win!" (since they were the away team, they wore white jerseys today) A parent nearby said loud enough for us to hear obviously, "Well, that wasn't nice!" And I would agree with this parent, if Josh had said, "I hope you die, scum-sucking Black Team!" But, since he didn't, I couldn't see the problem. Oh well, now we enter the realm of snarky soccer parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment