10 September 2010

While Josh is Away...

Having only two kids at home is easier in most ways. But, Michael misses his playmate and has started in on asking, "Where are we going today?" and "Who is coming over today?" every day. Just in case I was missing having Josh here to say that, I guess. And while Josh and Michael play most of the time and fight sometimes, Michael and Ben mostly just fight. This morning, Michael pinched Ben with toy pliers and then Ben took Michael's spot on the couch. A little bit later, Ben whacked Michael with a toy so Michael kicked Ben in the face. Unless I have something planned for the day, I usually just end up refereeing the Michael-Ben smackdown the entire time.

After a few hours of this on Tuesday morning, I called my friend and asked her if she woke up that morning thinking that she would love to drop off her 3-year-old at my house. Luckily enough, she had so we had Michael's friend Jake over for several hours. That little boy saved my sanity that day.

On Wednesday, we finally got to attend Preschool Orientation. Michael has been looking forward to this since Josh's first day of school. Which is why he huddled in a little ball in the corner after we got there and refused to deal with any of the teachers. Luckily, this was nothing Miss Tiffany, some Rescue Heroes and Jake (again! love this kid!) couldn't solve. Hopefully, when he starts preschool next week he will be happier to go. In any case, after orientation we went to the park with Jake and his mom and had a great time. Here is a picture of these silly boys who wanted to swing in the baby swings.

Today (finally Friday), we went for a walk with my friend and got to enjoy this beautiful weather. And, I was able to capture on film (on an SD card, rather) this happy moment with Michael and Ben. They really do love each other, they are just caught in a battle to the death for ultimate dominance and sometimes that strains their relationship.

No comments: