21 March 2011

Great Falls

Last summer, my dad, the boys and I went to Great Falls Park with my sister.  It was freakishly hot.  We had a nice time, but I have wanted to go back when the weather was much cooler.  This last weekend was the perfect opportunity.  We went to the temple in the morning (thanks to Dad and Diane for watching the savages) and we, well I really, thought we might as well head over to Great Falls Park since we were close by.  There are waterfalls, rocks to climb on and nice walking paths there.  The boys had a fun time and Ben and I got to work some more on our sunburns.


This was actually phase one of Operation Hike-A-Lot.  I would love to do a lot of hiking this summer.  I suspect that we'll be slowed down by Ben, but I want to develop the habit in the boys now.  Ben actually is a little trooper when it comes to hiking.  Michael is the whiner who complains on the way there, complains the entire time and then tells us afterwards how much fun he had.  Josh does pretty well, just so long as we manage to confiscate any books he has brought along before we get out to hike.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I know what the Hastings are going to do on our last soccer free Saturday!

Unknown said...

How fun! Aside from the sunburns... What a gorgeous picture!