Our last activity with Rachel was going to Great Falls Park. It was freakishly hot. Well, let me qualify that. If it had been August, perhaps the day would have been characterized as a tad on the cool side, but for May it was unbearable. Meltingly unbearable. There were heat advisory signs posted at the park. So we pushed on and didn't actually go very far, but had a great time.
In the blessedly air-conditioned visitor center there was a sign stating that Great Falls was the Niagara Falls of the East Coast. That made me giggle and wonder if I should call the crack in the pavement in front of our house the Grand Canyon of the East. The falls were very pretty and fun to hike near, but not awe-inspiring.
Rachel, as always, looked cool as a cucumber in the heat and humidity. That is probably a good thing since where she is going in Afghanistan is about 107 degrees right now.
We had a great time with Opa and Aunt Rachel. I love how my kids get so excited to spend time with my family and adore them. We were super sad to have Rachel go and can't wait until we get to see her again.

1 comment:
Wait!!! I'm confused!! And not for the first time! Isn't Niagara Falls ON the East Coast? I'm pretty sure it was when I went to see it. Although, to be sure, that was a few years ago. Maybe it migrated west. No, no, last time I saw it, it was migrating east. Between NY and Canada, right? I'll be losing sleep as to which waterfall is the Niagara Falls of the east coast!
Post a Comment