1. I can't wait until we get to take the tree down. This might actually happen on the evening of December 25th. We have had to rearrange the living room furniture and I feel claustrophobic. Plus, Ben spends a lot of time taking the ornaments off of the tree and saying, "Sorry, Mommy." And then refusing to put them back on. ::Mommy banging. her. head. on. the. wall::
2. Same with the decorations. I don't have enough high, flat surfaces and Ben doesn't have enough self-control, so it looks like the Christmas box vomited on top of the entertainment center. I don't normally keep a spotless house, but the amount of clutter in the front room is getting on my nerves.
3. I am avoiding making any baked goods. Feeling the no-gluten, no-sugar diet more than expected. Toasting bread is making me salivate, so I am pretty sure that baking oatmeal or molasses or gingerbread cookies is a bad idea.
4. I would like to get rid of Santa in our Christmas. Horrible, huh? And unlikely to happen since Santa figures prominently in many of our Christmas movies. But, really. I don't like using Santa to threaten the kids (among other reasons - no matter how bad they behave, they are going to get gifts for Christmas so it is an empty threat). And I like the kids to actually thank the people who gave them gifts (even us) rather than feel entitled to gifts from a mythical figure.
5. I think It's a Beautiful Life is an irritating movie. One of Jason's favorite Christmas movies, I can't stand the non-stop Jimmy Stewart whine fest. I do enough whining myself - I don't need to watch someone else do it.
6. I also can't stand Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I know this movie features the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, so I should somehow like it by association. However, I don't listen to a lot of MoTab, so that does nothing for me.
7. I find radio stations that play only Christmas music irritating. Don't get me wrong: there is a lot of gorgeous Christmas music out there. But not enough to play every day, all day starting before Thanksgiving straight through to Christmas. And there is no kind of music I want to listen to all the time.
So, Bah Humbug and here's hoping my heart grows three sizes larger this year.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who the MoTab does nothing for :)
I couldn't agree more about It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas radio, and Santa. Hate Santa. Wish someone would have sat me down when Lucy was a baby and said DO NOT do the Santa thing. Hate Santa. I want the credit, thank you very much! Oh, yeah, and lying to kids seems like a bad idea.
Post a Comment