It finally started. One night during Snowmaggedon (oh, the drama!) 2019, when Isaac was getting to bed late and acting silly, I asked him if he wanted to wear underwear to bed.
This is the point in time where you think I must be out of my mind. Who starts potty training at night??? That is usually the final piece of the get-out-of-diaper-jail process.
Who does that? Well, this kid. He is always dry in the morning. So I figured it wasn't a huge risk. Also, pee pad under his sheets....I'm not completely crazy.
As you can probably guess, he said yes and potty training began. No rushing here. He did wear a pull-up one day because he asked.
He's not 100% when it comes to peeing in the potty, but almost, especially if we think to remind him periodically.
He's 0% when it comes to pooping in the potty, no matter how many times we remind him as he walks around the house with his butt cheeks tightly clenched.
And though for the most part I am trying to be more environmentally friendly by recycling, buying less, conserving water, etc., when it comes to poopy underwear, the whole thing gets tossed. Still cheaper than buying diapers and I have already served my time in the land of cleaning poop out of anything. But......you probably didn't need to know that......
So he's clearly not done. Done = leaving the house for extended periods of time with no backup underwear and pants. But at least we are making progress. And no one is crying or screaming or huddling in corners panicking. I know you think I am talking about me, but this time I was describing Isaac during past conversations about potty training. (Dra-ma)
*Make sure you read that "R" in the title or you could be thinking this is a very different blog post! Actually, I am not writing this on my phone because I am scared of what autocorrect would do to it

No comments:
Post a Comment