09 February 2019

Snowma..wha?

Frankly, I am a little offended.  I mean, really.  We knew we were signing up for months of interminable rain.  Six inches of snow is just ridiculous.  YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS, PNW!

Glad I got that out of my system.

I have learned that some things do not change no matter which coast you are on: people still run to the store and buy toilet paper, milk, bread, and eggs any time it is going to snow.  Which makes me wonder if it is a uniquely American thing to buy the ingredients for french toast in stressful situations? I do really enjoy french toast on occasion, but I don't necessarily coordinate it with snow storms.

My one food purchase in preparation for the snow was a Trader Joe's chocolate bar with hazelnuts...and it's already gone.

I did brave the snow to take some pictures this morning.  Mostly of Ben and the snow, because he was the one kid running for his coat and boots.  He and Michael did make it up on the trampoline, but they discovered quickly that a snow-laden trampoline doesn't have quite the same bounce.

In any case, we will likely get to "enjoy" the snow for a little while as it looks like there may be another round Sunday night and possibly again on Monday.  









No comments: