04 February 2019

When the Weather is...Much Worse Than Expected

If I could give our school district any advice today, it would be: either be a wuss or suck it up.  You can't do both.

Of course, they proved me wrong.  After calling at 5:15am to tell me that there was a 2 hour delay, they waited until after Josh had been picked up by the school bus and was at school for TEN minutes, before they decided to cancel school.

I have lived in snowy states and southern states.  I have lived where the superintendent came from Alaska and where school was closed for a snow storm predicted to start after school would be out for the day.  I have lived in areas where they refused to buy chains for the buses because they believe, despite all of the evidence, that it didn't snow that much there.  I have lived where one of my teachers would cross-country ski to school.

But, this?  This is a first.

Of course, I was in a class at the YMCA with the ringer off on my phone when they bothered to call (which was actually a bit after they made the decision).

::deep breaths::

So, now they are ALL home. 

::DEEP BREATHS::

The boys, of course, are thrilled.  The three youngest were in their winter gear and out in the snow in the blink of an eye.  I joined them to take some pictures until I got worried that my camera not be a fan of the very wet snow.



Let it snow?

No comments: