16 June 2010

Boomer

Josh is really hysterical sometimes.

The other day something happened that he was upset about. I was doing the dishes and heard him say, "Oh! Boomer!"

Then, he walked over to me and proudly informed me, "Mommy, instead of saying bad words, I am just going to say 'boomer'. That's what Nana says. Boomer!"

I told him (giggling inside) that was a good decision, all the time wondering two things:
1) What bad words does he say? I haven't heard any.
2) What bad word did Nana say (sorry Mom!) that he misheard as "boomer"?

It took Jason to decipher for me the root of "boomer" as "bummer." But the whole thing just makes me laugh as Josh goes about his day yelling "BOOMER" every time he gets upset. He managed to mishear the word and misunderstand its usage at the same time, but it sounds great. I'll take "boomer" over bad words any day.

No comments: