27 June 2010

The Red Shoes

We went to the mall on Saturday with Nana. Nana decided to buy the boys some new shoes. So, we perused the options and had the boys pick out two shoes apiece to try on that they liked. Then, the nice sales associate measured their feet and brought out the shoes in the correct size. The boys picked out sneakers - mostly of the blue and black variety, some with ties, some with velcro, some with lights. While they were in this process with Nana, I ran out to get my new baby. (12" pan: cast-iron and a beautiful shade of red - I still have yet to use it as I feel like the maiden meal prepared in it should be in momentous and spectacular. Mom recommended pancakes. That just seems too mundane, somehow. I need to get over myself or I will never use it.)

Anyway, to make a long story short (too late!), in my absence Michael had changed his mind about his shoes. He apparently walked over to the display area, picked up a shoe and informed Nana that it was THE one.
Kinda snazzy, huh? And now, whenever we need to find him, all we have to do is look down for a blur of bright red.

No comments: