15 October 2010

Couldn't Stay Away

The pass to Shenandoah Park is good for seven days and I have been itching to go again, so I conned my friend into meeting us up in the park today on what could be described as a cold and blustery day. As you can tell, the kids didn't seem to mind so much. Well, once we got going and got our blood moving anyway. My kids were covered in 4 layers of clothes and still found reason to cry about the cold. That definitely comes from Jason side - I love this weather. Love, love, love. This is the time of year that I come to peace with living in Virginia.
At the risk of Fall photo overkill, I just had two more pictures to share from our hike today. The Fall colors have become more brilliant in the four days since we were last there and provide a nice background.

Michael on top of the rocks:

Ben showing me how he feels about being forced to ride in the carrier in the cold:
He did eventually change his mind and have a great time, but not before making us and anyone within a two mile radius aware of his displeasure. A big thanks to my friend and her kids for their enormous patience today!

No comments: