On day 1 GF, I ate almost 2 pounds of bananas. On day 3 GF, I broke my no-more-than-$1.50-a-box-for-cereal rule and bought Rice Chex. But, day 2 GF was the best. On day 2 GF, I made to-die-for peanut butter cookies. And only shared one, rather grudgingly, with Jason.
Behold, the recipe:1 cup peanut butter1/2 cup brown sugar1/2 cup white sugar1 egg1 tsp baking soda1. Mix all ingredients in bowl.2. Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls. Roll balls in some sugar.3. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press flat.4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
So, if you are thinking (as I was) that I might lose weight while not eating gluten, you are wrong. The only thing that is holding me back from making these again (shame apparently not a motivator since I have no problem telling the world on my blog) is the fact that I used up the last of my brown sugar making them yesterday. That, and although I do live in the land of plenty with 24-hour grocery stores, I hate grocery shopping with my kids.
But, really, make them. Love them. Drop off any extras (ha!) at my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment