05 February 2011

Not the Sharpest Tools in the Shed

I really do think that my kids are bright.  However, some days they do their best to prove me wrong.

Yesterday was one of those days.

Michael was in the bathroom "brushing his teeth" while I was on the phone with a friend.  All of a sudden, he started crying that he had peed in his pants.  This is not a normal occurrence and upset him greatly.  I told him to take off his clothes and finish peeing in the potty and then get dressed.  Michael must have been really upset because the next thing he said rather frantically was, "I don't know where the pee is coming out!  Where is it coming out?"

Josh had swim class yesterday afternoon.  On the drive there, I was asking him about his day at school.  After telling me about the library and the book he was reading, he started telling me about his friend, Marshall.  He said, "Marshall lied to me.  I found out Marshall was lying when he told me he turns into a Bakugan at night."  My first though was, "Oh my goodness!  I wonder how long Josh thought that was the truth!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

So funny!!!

I think it's time for another anatomy lesson with Michael. Remember that one potty training video - I can't remember its name, but it explicitly showed where the pee comes from - I think the main character was named Joshua.

I love the story about Josh. After having so many kindergarten and first graders in and out through here three times a week now, I am realizing more and more how their little brains work. They can be the smartest kid in the room, but something like that will completely throw them - especially if they are not used to being lied to by their friends.