25 February 2011

What the Flu Looks Like

We have the flu.  Swine or avian?  I have no idea.  I do know there has been no puking (yet) and I am very grateful for that.  And I do know that we are on the 3 day plan.  As in, every 3 days someone comes down with the flu.  Josh started us off last Thursday.  Ben joined him on Sunday.  Jason thought it looked like great fun and started getting sick Wednesday night.  Michael, ever in a hurry to be like Josh, got hit with it today. 

Michael was the trickiest to diagnose, however.  He spent much of the week informing me that he was sick and then rushing off to do things like taking flying leaps onto the couch or racing around the house like a madman.  I was still suspicious of his claims of illness this morning.  I even took him out to run errands with me.  When we came home, he curled up on the couch with Jason and Ben to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender and this is what I saw:

A couple of hours later, I saw this:

When he stopped his incessant noise making and remained still on the couch, I was convinced.

No comments: