17 January 2013

Judge Not

I admit - I struggle in the judging others department.  Having spent my younger years judging moms carrying around huge bags and then dragging around a monster diaper bag of my own for six years, you might think I would have learned my lesson.  But, nope.  Here is a list of people I can't help but judge:


  • Meteorologists.  I am pretty sure that straight up guessing would be just as accurate as their snow predictions.  Honestly, how do you go from predicting four inches of snow to a slight drizzle?  Are we just throwing out all the options so at least one of them will be right?
  • FCPS.  I don't know who makes the calendar or decides about snow days, but having had the benefit of attending school in five states I think it is all rather ridiculous.
  • People who go on any sort of diatribe on Facebook who either cannot or choose not to use English grammar, spelling and fact checking.  I am not talking about the periodic auto-correct issue; I mean the kind of writing that makes an entire generation of English teachers spin in their respective graves.  Completely undermines the position being made.
  • Parents who text while driving in a school zone and driving their own child to school.  While it is unlikely that there is a correlation between texting and child abuse, I still suspect it when I see a person risking his/her child's life AND MINE just to send a text.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've deleted people from Facebook because of their poor spelling- including family members! Drives me nuts and they are on my list of people I judge :)