17 January 2013

My Day So Far

-Ben has spent a bit of time prostrate on the floor in the kitchen with his flashlight shining on the car stuck under the fridge that is so far back we can't reach it.

-Telenanny did a wonderful job watching the boys this morning as I worked on my Developmental Psychology class.  We're studying Nature vs Nurture, but I vote TV.

-Michael can't wait until his friends leave so he can exercise in the basement with his shirt off.

-The kids (all 5 of them) played "Where's the Shark?" for an hour and a half - taking turns hiding a toy shark while the rest of the group had to search for it.  The best games are the ones I get to start and then stay out of and get the dishes done.

-After six weeks of being on crutches, I finally descended into the basement.  It wasn't pretty.  (Beautifully vacuumed by my friend, but the hurricane known as my boys had attacked every surface since then.)

-The science experiment we started in the kitchen has so far proven that red food dye moves faster than blue food dye.  It was supposed to show how red and blue make purple.

-I was so exhausted this morning that all I could do was grunt and wiggle two fingers at Jason.  I think he thought I wanted him to turn off the light in the bathroom.  Really I wanted him to know that deep down under a thick layer of sleep, I was somewhat conscious and hoped he would have a good day at work.

No comments: