01 January 2013

Things I Want To Do

Nope, these are definitely not resolutions.  Just things.

I want to do.

This year.

Which is nothing like making resolutions.

  • Make a quilt.  Our house is a little chilly, so we can't ever have enough blankets.  I made one years ago with t-shirts and jeans and it is the perfect weight, but I didn't make it long enough for a human adult.  I have some old jeans and a closet full of cloth from projects Mom someone didn't make and Mom's a sewing machine, so I cut up a bunch of squares and started sewing them together today.
  • Stop saying the word "crap" in front of the boys.  Don't want to get all carried away and stop saying it altogether, but I need to stop saying words in front of them that I am not comfortable with them saying at school.  Or church.  
  • Send birthday cards to family.  
  • Get back off of dairy and sugar.  I've cheated a little during the Christmas break and I have been paying for it.
  • Learn to swim.  This will most likely be my exercise of choice once the cast comes off, but I am afraid of the water.  As in I have considered getting snorkel gear to swim in the local pool, but I would still keep my eyes closed even with the goggles on because I feel anxiety when I can see how deep the pool is.
  • No more fractures.

No comments: