21 January 2013

Weekend

Due to illness of a horrible lingering sort, we were unable to spend Mom's birthday with her.  And since she was turning the-number-which-shall-not-be-named, I was disappointed that we missed it.  To rectify matters, we had her over this weekend for mint chocolate cake with whipped cream or ice cream (or both if the mood hit).  Actually, I made a cake last weekend too, but since no one really wants to eat week-old cake, Jason and the younger boys took care of that for me.  Two cakes in one week - yeah, we really know how to celebrate Nana's birthday, with or without her.

No less exciting than celebrating Nana's birthday was our first grilling experience.  Mom made a marinade and Jason grilled chicken.
And, I KID YOU NOT, Josh ate it.  And then asked for more.  And more.  CHICKEN IN ITS NATURAL (mostly) FORM.  I just sat at the table staring at him and said, "I am completely shocked."  At which point, Josh took another bite, looked at me and said, "I am kinda shocked myself."

I hope your weekend was as good as ours.

No comments: